VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Solar Sacrifice @ Brew Hut [ Even More Beginner Friendly ] · Sun. Aug. 20th - Mon. Aug. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Going to Harrison
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Aug. 20th
End: Monday, Aug. 21st, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Aug. 17th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
If the Harrison road closure remains in effect, we cannot get to the Harrison Hut (Though I'd still like to go there if I can). So I'm proposing a trip to Brew instead. Features include
-- Fewer days, though you still need to take Monday off because that's when the eclipse is.
-- Way less driving, can get most fo the way with 2WD.
-- Less walking and no tents required.
-- No logging trucks to avoid.
-- no hot springs and probably no grass clothes; Brew Lake might work as a substitute for a hot spring
-- Can't greet the sun god from atop Overseer, but you could sleep atop Brew if you like.
-- If you still prefer Harrison as a destination, you can sign up for both trips and we'll sort it out at the pre-trip meeting.