VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Bike and climb Mt Matier · Wed. Aug. 23rd - Wed. Aug. 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Aug. 23rd, 3:00 pm
End: Wednesday, Aug. 30th, 12:00 pm
Would someone be interested in biking to Lillooet lake through Harrisons ( map, a picture of the beautiful valley) and then climbing Mt Matier through the east ridge (low 5th)? Two friends of mine and I are set on the mountain on the weekend of 26th & 27th, but I'm considering a bike access. I could definetly use a company :)
A hard tail mountain bike would be ideal for this (possibly rough logging roads). Details about how pure would we make it (how much gear on bikes vs. in friends' car) can be finetuned later. It's over 200km one way and I'm hoping that leaving Wed afternoon would get us to the point on the map by friday evening.
The problem is that I'm pretty busy and will be away Thu 17 - Mon 21. Not much time for planning so I need someone who can just make it happen.
It all might be just a pipe dream, but worth a shot. Imagine - biking through a beatiful valley, quick soak in hot springs, climbing a mountain, another quick soak, biking back, resuming the city life. Ahhhh... :)
Shoot me an email if interested!