VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Centennial Celebration Trip to Mt Elphinstone · Sunday, September 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Sep. 3rd
We'll be going on a day trip to Mt Elphinstone, one of the highest peaks on the Sunshine coast, and a popular location for VOC trips in times past. As this trip is the day after the Centenial Banquet, I'd like to point out that it can be done entirely by public transport and features plenty of opportunities to drink coffee and breathe in that sobering sea air.
We'll meet in Horseshoe Bay at 9am (location to be determined, but it'll have coffee), to catch the 9:40am ferry to Langdale. After snacks and more coffee from BC Ferries lovely 'Coastal Cafe', we'll disembark and begin the hike (1200m, and 18km round trip). Hopefully we'll be in good enough time to have a quick refreshment at Persephone Brewing Company on the way back to the ferry.
Signup via the Centennial trip signup tool. Please just skip any questions about stoves, tents etc. For cars, please fill in those details if you are considering driving. We will not formally be arranging any car rides, but I'll circulate details so that people can share if they want.