VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Crevasse Rescue Drills at Wreck Beach · Tuesday, September 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Not enough participants.
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Sep. 26th, 4:00 pm
End: Tuesday, Sep. 26th, 7:00 pm
This is a great opportunity to review the crevasse rescue systems for all the G1 and G2 graduates and anyone else who wants to refresh their skills.
This is not instruction but drills. As you come to the beach I'll have a scenario set up for us and we'll start right away with setting up a rescue system. We'll try to make it as realistic as is possible on the beach and we'll time it. Afterwards we'll have a debrief of what went well and what went bad. Then there should be time for one or two more drills.
Since we'll just be doing drills, this is not great for beginners. However, I don't like turning people away, so if you're a beginner and super-stoked, then thouroughly read the chapter on crevasse rescue in 'The Freedom of the Hills' and you can join. During the drill you'll have a team-mate to practice with, so you'll be fine.
There's another session a week earlier. You'll learn the most if you attend both!