VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Spooky Splitters in Squamish · Fri. Oct. 27th - Mon. Oct. 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 27th, 5:00 pm
End: Monday, Oct. 30th, 3:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 25th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Hallooooooooooo and Happy Halloween scary scalers of rock!
Where: Let's go to Skaha (Penticton) for a fun weekend of sport climbing in silly costumes.
When: Leave Friday afternoon (depending on your work/ride situation) and come back for Sunday night or Monday (also depending on your work/ride sitch).
What: Climbing during the day, unless people want to go visit wineries or the beach on one of the days, that's cool too. (Car) camping together at night somewhere - we will likely have to rent a site if we are a large group. Saturday we will have a big beautiful communal meal, potluck style, likely accompanied by music (BRING INSTRUMENTS) and beverages of your choosing. We will also give out awards Saturday night after dinner for the following climbing costumes:
1) Most Creative Creeper
2) Most Flashy Fiend
3) Best-Dressed-Dynamic-Duo (i.e. best team costume, *Does not have to be super-hero based! I just like aliteration..)
Who: You should be a self-sufficient sport climber confident in skills up to/including Rock 3. If you do not lead sport or build anchors or clean anchors/rappel, but enjoy top rope climbing and safely belaying, then you are still welcome on this trip... but you must have at least one climbing partner that is capable/willing to do all of this for you. This is not an instructional trip.
Why: Because climbing. :) And friends. And good memories to be made. And maybe you are sick of Squamish cracks/slab.
Post on the message board if you have any questions, comments or queries! Or if you are looking for a climbing partner for this trip around your skill level!