VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
24 Hrs of Squampton Hell! - Intermediate Friendly Rock Climbing Competition! · Fri. Sep. 22nd - Sun. Sep. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Sep. 22nd, 8:00 pm
End: Sunday, Sep. 24th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Hello all VOC rock senders! Have you been crushing your favorite Squamish climbs all summer and feel like you're in great climbing shape? Or are you just up for a heinous challenge or adventure? Whatever your reason, this trip will satisfy your need! Join me for a friendly VOC climbing competition where the objective is to climb as many routes as possible to score the highest amount of points in a 24 hour period! This competition is based off of the 24 Hrs of Horseshoe Hell competition held every year in Arkansas, and was recently featured in Reel Rock 10. The itinerary for the weekend will look as follows:
Friday PM: Arrive at camp in the Squamish Valley and prep/strategize for beginning the competition.
Saturday @ 9am: Clock starts and partner pairs head off to get their sending on!!
Sunday @ 9am: Clock stops and partner pairs regroup at Squamish Valley campsite.
Sunday during late-morning and day: Sleep off the 24 hours of sending and recover from it all.
Sunday night: Award ceromony/party like you're HOGWILD!!!
Monday AM: Drive back to Vancouver and begin the week again after having a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
As I mentioned in the trip name, this is an i
With that said however, if you are newer to rock climbing and would like to participate more for the friendliness and less of the competition, that is perfectly okay! We'd love to have various skill levels of people attend! Note though that there will not be any instruction provided on this trip.
If you've never heard of the event 24 Hrs of Horseshoe Hell, check out this link below to find out and get stoked! http://www.twofourhell.com/
Many details as far as how points are assigned, etc will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting, so don't miss it if you're interested in coming out! Get stoked to SEND!!