VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Baker Backcountry Skiing · Sat. Nov. 19th - Sun. Nov. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 19th
End: Sunday, Nov. 20th
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Backcountry Skiing trip at Mt Baker area. Specific location TBD [Heather Ridge, Table Mtn, Heliotrope Ridge etc.] Photos from the trip on the same dates and location last year: here Will decide one or two day trip when conditions are known
15/11 - update
We will go to Table Mtn area
16/11 - update
Will run a day trip crew as well as an over night crew.
Fees (32.00 CAD) will be collected 6pm Thursday at Clubroom.
More overnighter, modo'ed a van by Craig. Everyone got a ride!
Bigger cabin booked.
Direction and Time:
0.Driver checks psgr's Passport/Documents. Inform individual pickup time - Thanks!
1.Leave UBC 630a
2.Hwy1 @ First Ave 650a
3.Meet at TimH -see map, warn: two Timmies- 740a (No cellphone reception soon after you past sumas)
(Border crossing questions: if asked.)
- We are staying overnight, reservation with MtBakerLodging at #43 in Snowline .
4.Parking at Heather Meadow ~9am (zoom in the map, park 100m West of D tag)
5.Get ready and wait to form ski group - if get cold, do beacon search or World's Strongest Milkman dance.
HeatherMeadow Map(ski boundry, red dashlines) at right side of the map indicates parking and meeting spot.
Manner: It can be very cold on Sat morning, --10C, please try best to meet on time and get moving!
Avalanche Forecast: (psgr read this for the carload)
Sunset: 430pm Saturday - We meet at parking to call it a day. It will be even colder than the morning cuz you burnt all your Cal.
Stuff to bring for the night: its a house, like house you living in, with air hockey and foosball table, laundry, bath and real fireplace. You are encouraged to bring a sleeping bag for not using their blanket and skier's casual outfit. Guitar, Songbook, and your singing voice. We will go shopping for to make potluck dinner and bfast/lunch for second day.
Print stuff you need because no reception past Sumas. We will try to drive in a convoy. most drivers been there before.