VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Intro to Winter Camping w/ Skis! · Sat. Dec. 10th - Sun. Dec. 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Weather and the organizer's health.
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 10th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Dec. 11th, 11:59 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 7th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
This is your chance to discover the joys of winter camping with tents. Let snow and ice be your friend as you enjoy the many benefits over summer camping. Some highlights include no bugs, no dirt, snow kitchens, dug out vestibules, and of course snow for skiing! No location has been decided on as it is far too early. Preference will be for good weather and an approach that isn’t too difficult. This will probably put us up at the Duffey or Coquihalla depending on the conditions.