VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tantalus Range (Intermediate friendly) · Fri. Oct. 13th - Sun. Oct. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 13th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 15th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 11th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Luca and I are heading to the Tantalus Range, fortunately cars have more than two seats so we have some extra space, and would be happy to have some extra group members join.
The area is quite difficult to access and we don't have a huge amount of time, so this will (hopefully) be a high-output trip with early mornings and long days (C2/3). If weather is friendly, we'll aim to go fast and light (cold at night). We will approach via the Lake Lovelywater trail (ft. tyrolean) and hit some peaks surrounding the LLW basin. Potentially do a traverse of a few peaks and bivy high in search of some sweet vistas. Still flexible in trip planning, so input and suggestions are welcome!
**Update 10/10/17: Apparently there's a surprising amount of snow up there already, which will continue to accumulate this week. Further condition reports to come later this week, and we'll adjust the nature of the trip accordingly.
We'll leave Vancouver dark and early on Friday morning in order to make the most of the day. Hopefully returning before the Howe Sound brewery closes on Sunday :)
If anyone else would be keen to co-lead and take another group for a more leisurely trip to Tantalus Range/ LLW area, let me know!