VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Halloween Hike & Ski · Sat. Oct. 28th - Sun. Oct. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : There is not enough snow and no one showed up to the pre-trip: climbing in Squamish instead
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 28th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 29th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 25th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Are you ready to Hike (with skis on your back and maybe get some skiing)?!?
Are you ready for Halloween?!
I sure am. I'd like to hike up to Brew hut with some skis and try to find some snow. I'd like to try to ski on that snow while wearing a sweet costume.
This is NOT a beginner friendly trip. It IS an intermediate friendly trip.
If you are interested in maybe (or maybe not) finding skiable snow, if you already know how to ski and if you are prepared to hike for many hours for your love of skiing, and if that still sounds like a fun idea to you even when forced into wearing a costume: this trip is for you!
Pretrip meeting on Wednesday at 5:30pm-6:30pm outside (or maybe inside of) the Clubroom.
This is my first trip out this year, so we will definately be doing some beacon searches and playing with our probes and such.
I'd like to keep this a small group. max 6 people (plus me and Elliott)
PS- our plan B is currently to camp at the lake, because there is a large group registered at the hut (let's talk more about this at the pre-trip..but perhaps be ready for winter camping...)