Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[FULL] AST 1 (PLUS) - BLOCK A · Tue. Dec. 5th - Sun. Dec. 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Kelsey Miller
Start: Tuesday, Dec. 5th
End: Sunday, Dec. 10thDescription:
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL - PLEASE BOOK YOUR AST FOR FUTURE DATES.
Who's excited for winter!? The VOC and Canada West Mountain School are offering another round of discounted AST-1 courses for VOC members (the discount comes to just over 25%).
All the information you need, as well as the sign up link can be found here: https://themountainschool.com/program/ast-1-plus-voc-2017-18/
Please read the description on the website thoroughly. Here is a quick summary and some of the main points to consider.
- You must be an intermediate level skier or snowboarder. This includes having experience on whatever touring setup you will be using (eg. tele, AT...).
- Classroom session on campus, Tuesday prior to weekend of course. Covers snow science; essential info for understanding snowpack, and avalanche causes.
- Practical sessions on weekend. Day 1: Seymour, Day 2: Whistler.
- Day on Whistler will require lift pass ($62). This will be waived if you have a season pass.
- If snow conditions are no good, both days will be held at Whistler, and you will be required to buy another day pass ($62). It is not likely that this will happen, however there is a chance.
- I will post when the sign ups are full.
Again, please read the description on the website in full, and sign up through the Canada West Mountain School website. Please direct any questions you have to the message board thread, or you can email me personally.
If you would like to carpool for the weekend sessions, please find passengers/drivers on the message board. I will not be using the sign up tool to avoid confusion regarding sign ups for the course.
Posted: 2017-11-06 11:21:07
Last modified: 2017-11-22 12:46:59