VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Phelix Access Road deadfall clearing · Sat. Nov. 11th - Sun. Nov. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 11th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 12th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email/message board Faff
Do you like not getting core shots in your skis from early season missions? Do you like not having to hop over logs with heavy packs? If so, come on up this weekend to chop some trees!
It has been reported that there is deadfall blocking the access road to the Brian Waddington (Phelix) hut.
The plan is to drive up Saturday morning and start cutting the deadfall. We'll use mostly handsaws and loppers. Then, we'll camp somewhere along the access road. On Sunday, we'll probably be pretty tired, so we'll head down in the morning and have a well-deserved soak in the Skookumchuk hot springs before heading back to Vancouver.
I have space for 2 more people in my truck. My hope is to get a few extra hands, so it would be a small one-vehicle team going up. If more people are interested, we can add additional drivers.
Organization will be through the message board or email faff. If we get more people than can fit in my truck, I'll set up a pre-trip meeting on Friday at noon outside the club room.
Disclaimer: This is my first time organizing a trip, so I'm not sure how it works for getting a workhike credit towards gear rental. However, I can offer +1 Gnar point for every 10cm of deadfall diameter cut.