VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Backcountry Ski Trip to Elfin Lakes Hut · Sat. Nov. 19th - Sun. Nov. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 19th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 20th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Nov. 17th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC clubroom
This trip is for those new members psyched on going on their first backcountry ski trip! For more experienced members, this is also a chance to start getting in shape for the good snow that is to come...The plan is to leave early Saturday morning (we will post the time later) and return late Sunday evening. We will be staying at the elfin lakes hut so no need to bring a tent, but make sure you bring both your warm sleeping bag and mat! You can either tele-ski or snowshoe up the trail. For those of you who have never tried tele-skiing, this would be a good chance to learn as the trail is relatively easy. There will most likely be some hiking without snow so be prepared to carry your skis up the trail on your pack. For a list of what to pack, check out the wiki link about the ski hut trip gear list. Aron Zahradka will be leading this trip with me so feel free to contact either of us via email with any questions or concerns.