VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Day Trip to Red Heather + Beyond · Saturday, December 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 16th, 7:30 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Message Board/Email faff
Day trip up to Red Heather and a bit beyond, depending on how everyone is feeling.
After finding out my boots aren't broken in well enough for two days, I have had to back out of Vinsanity's overnight tour. However I still desperately want to go touring and get some turns in.
This trip requires:
- Touring gear + skins (AT, Tele, or Splitboard) you are comfortable moving on.
- Avi Gear and knowledge of how to use it effectively (AST-1 or better is perferable)
- A solid lunch to eat in the hut, with something to share.
I am comfortable leading up to the hut and back down, but am a not 100% confident re moving through the environment beyond, as I have never been far beyond there before, and am still a fresh AST-1 grad. If someone who is more experienced comes along, we may ski a bit farther. Otherwise we will be sticking to safe slopes and staying at most in mellow avi terrain. The current avi forecast is 'Low' for the next few days. We will reasses when we get closer to the weekend.
Max # people is currently set at 8, assuming we can get another driver. Otherwise it will be reduced down to the 4 my car seats.
Come and have some fun in the sun and snow!