VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Avalanche Companion Rescue Practice at Mount Seymour · Saturday, January 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 6th, 8:00 am
End: Saturday, Jan. 6th, 1:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email faff
I want to head up to Seymour and practice a couple companion rescue scenarios. Are you in?!
This is not a replacement for AST-1. You should have your AST-1.
To maximize efficiency, I'm keeping this to one car load. I can squeeze 5 people into my car now that I have a roof rack. We'll practice the following:
- Single burial
- Double burial
- Close proximity double burial
- Discussion for first responder (you!) care for victim
Required Items to Bring:
- Warm Clothing, Touring Skis, Avalanche Transceiver, Shovel, Probe