VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Homathko Icefield traverse · Wednesday, February 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Feb. 7th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buch A203
Join Arran Whiteford and Joane Elleouet for stories from their skiing and rafting expedition this summer.
An extract from the day before they departed:
our franco-kiwi team departs on a 23 day expedition crossing the Homathko Icefield. We’ll slog up to the snow line, ski across the mountainous Homathko icefield where we'll pick up a couple of air drops, stop and explore/ski a while, then will drop off the icefield and packraft to the sea. With 15kg of delicious cheese, handmade gnocchi, pancake breakfasts, we're super prepared. Except for the car. We're buying it tonight to leave early morning.