VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
RESCHEDULED Winter Longhike - Snow Shelters · Sat. Feb. 3rd - Sun. Feb. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 3rd, 9:15 am
End: Sunday, Feb. 4th, 3:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Feb. 1st, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
RESCHEDULED due to Jaime's illness
Always wanted to stay in a five star winter resort? Nahhhhhh..... Or just interested in practicing to survive a night in the snow if you dont have a tent? You can build your own snow castle during Winter Longhike!
The trip will involve a hike into the Seymour backcountry where you can build your own snow cave for the night followed by dinner, singing, and generally staying warm. We will hike out the next morning. This is a beginner friendly trip so people that are new to the club and winter activities are more than welcome. Trip is suitable for skiers or snowshoers
Note that we are in the Backcountry and that you will be responsible to stay with the group, bring some warm (dry) clothes and shovel/sleeping gear. Details about what to bring will be discussed during the pre trip meeting (location TBD).
Be safe and have fun!