VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
we love Brew hut (beginner friendly) · Sat. Dec. 10th - Sun. Dec. 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 10th
End: Sunday, Dec. 11th
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 6th
Pre-trip meeting location: in your room - we will faff via email
We love our Brew hut, and every once in a while we need to pay a visit to embrace the fact.
This is "beginner friendly" and both skiers and snow-shoers are welcomed.
The gear list is found here
All those who participate (both skiers and snowshoers) must bring avi gear and have done beacon search practice in the last six month (there's one on 30th Nov. after the lecture), or have hold many many years of experience.
AST1/2 trained people or those who have equivalent experience may be given preference to keep a good ratio of experienced and beginners.
I prefer taking snow cat if there magically be another car load of people, but it may too expensive with less people than that.
This does not have a physical pre-trip meeting, hence, all the faff will be done via email. If there's anyone shy but interested, shoot me with email.