VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
It's my birthday so lets Ski and Party!- Beginner Friendly Phelix Creek Dec 10-11 · Sat. Dec. 10th - Sun. Dec. 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 10th
End: Sunday, Dec. 11th
Pre-trip meeting location: TBD
I finally turn 19 on December 11th so what better way to spend the weekend than skiing and having a good time in one of the most luxurious huts near Pemberton.
I know it's exam time and you probably need to study. But if you ask me, you need to unwind before going back to studying and burning your brain.
If your planning on going up to Phelix for New Years and would rather a different location, ask yourself, can you really go wrong with going twice in the same month for 2 different party occasions?
This will be a beginner friendly trip but be aware that is a relative term as the skin in and out, along with the terrain can be a little challenging. See VOC glossary for definition ofbeginner friendly.
This trip will be looking for VOC members who have been there before (I have not).
It's not convenient to ski as 1 large groups so I'll be looking for sub-leaders to help things run smoothly and accommodate all output levels and experience levels. I can't run a pre-trip meeting and if one is necessary, maybe someone will volunteer to do one.
Photo Martin Naroznik
Hopefully the conditions will be as good or better then the conditions from last year in these photos. Get your stoke up and cross your fingers.
If your not sure what gear you need, click here
If you need to borrow gear, consult this page and/or the quartermasters.
Photo Martin Naroznik
If you have exams or some reason for not being able to come Click here
If you've signed up and are as excited as I am click here