VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Vantage Rock Climbing Weekend · Fri. Apr. 1st - Mon. Apr. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 1st
End: Monday, Apr. 4th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 30th, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Cafeteria near clubroom
At least once a year, a group of VOCers head down to Vantage, Washington to climb in Frenchman Coulee, a gorge located in the Columbia River Plateau. There are hundreds of routes, sport and traditional, on a variety of rock ranging from 30m basalt column column cracks to sporty 5.12 jug-fests.
This trip is beginner friendly, but is not meant to be introductory. Most climbs in Vantage are not top-rope accessible, so skills like lead belaying and anchor cleaning are essential (or a friend who can do these for you). You will probably be able to find someone to teach you these skills while on the trip, but it's not being organized by me.