VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Day trip to Paul's Ridge/ Red Heather · Sunday, December 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Dec. 18th, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Dec. 15th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside the clubroom
I am thinking of planning a small day trip out to the Red Heather on the 18th to get some skiing in and to practice some avy skills. I would like to keep the ratio of beginners to experienced people around 3:1 and the group size between 5 and 10 people. If you're interested post your experience level (ast courses and general backcountry experience), and if you have a car/ are willing to drive. Beginners are welcome, but, I would like at least one other member to have Ast 1 and some experience. After the trip we could hit up the old shady tree for a pint.
If you cant make the pre-trip or if you have any other questions post on the trips message board.