VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Relaxing(ish) Beginner Friendly Zupjok Day Mission · Saturday, April 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 9th, 6:30 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 6th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
So exams are soon and some of us undergrads don't think we can afford to take the whole weekend of to go skiing, so let's head out for a day trip. The plan is to head to the Coquihalla (mainly so some of the elevation gain is done by driving), park at the Zopkios Ridge Lookout, and cruise up to the ski summit of Zupjok.
If time allows maybe try for Alpaca Peak as well or just ski. And head back home on Saturday night, possibly for a beer.
More details on the route can be found in Baldwin ski guide.