VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Apparently Bailed on Coquihalla, Dual Duffey Daytrips instead · Sat. Feb. 11th - Sun. Feb. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 11th
End: Sunday, Feb. 12th
ABCD will be a series of two skiing daytrips to the Coquihalla.
Tired of lugging a heavy overnight pack around? Crave the joy and simplicity of a daytrip? Want to enjoy one up the Coquihalla, where you can drive to 1,244 m, but feel guilty about burning so much gas just for one day of skiing?
Well, the solution is obvious - just enjoy two daytrips instead.
The plan is to drive up, do a daytrip, car-camp (enjoying the nearby heated shelter and washrooms) overnight and then do a second daytrip in the same area. Exact locations will depend on how hard the incoming front hits (ie. avalanche and snow conditions) and who materializes to enjoy such a venture. The possibility of multiple groups coming out and acting independantly also exists, but I can personally only operate in 1 group at a time.
There will be no pretrip meeting, you can signup as interested if you like and we can decide via email who's actually coming. I will stop managing signup on Thursday evening. After that my faff will be over and you're on your own.