Members can insert new events into the calendar and signup for trips, but please read the instructions before posting.
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.

End of Reading Break Day Trip - Chief Pascal · Saturday, February 25th

Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened

  • Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
  • This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
  • This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
  • Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
  • Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
  • Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
  • Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
  • Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
  • Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
  • Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Ken Hamilton.

Start: Saturday, Feb. 25th, 7:00 am
End: Saturday, Feb. 25th, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Saturday, Feb. 25th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Taylor Way church parking lot

Description:

Hey Everybody

Some of us couldn't muster any time off this week and were left with the prospect of going all the way up to Sphinx Hut for a single night.

If you find yourself in this category, Sabrina Burkhardt and I are offering an alternative.

We're looking at doing a day trip this Saturday, leaving early in the morning and coming back that night.  For now, we've decided on going up to Chief Pascal.  Reports from last weekends conditions were quoted as being "legendary" (Phil Tomlinson, 2012)  UPDATE: Conditions look to be too harry to try skiing on north/northeasterly slopes right now.  Too much windslab and new snow.  We're still looking at doing a day trip somewhere, just deliberating as to where.  Updates to come.

My vehicle has 3 more seats.  So unless we get another vehicle on board that will be our likely maximum.  I'll also have to say that only those who are sure they can make it sign up.  Not really an issue this late in the game, but just to be safe.

Posted: 2012-02-23 13:52:51
Last modified: 2012-02-24 11:32:37