VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rock climbing season kick-off / Birthday climbing in Leavenworth · Fri. Mar. 30th - Sun. Apr. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : We can't climb in the rain, but it's generally quite dry.
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 30th, 6:00 pm
End: Sunday, Apr. 1st, 4:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Mar. 27th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
I would like to go climbing for my Birthday to kick off the start of the climbing season. Seeing as it's the spring, Squamish isn't reliably dry, but Leavenworth can be quite good. The plan is to drive down Friday evening and camp at the 8mile campground for the weekend. You can walk to the climbing from here, or use a car to reach other nearby crags (the climbing is quite spread out). It is mostly trad climbing with a small amount of sport, top roping and apparently some good bouldering. There will also be some lounging around campfires, telling of climbing stories and singing of songs.
Although everyone is welcome, this is not an instructional trip and you should be comfortable with doing with whatever you decide to do and you are expected to take care of yourself. You need to have or organize your own climbing equipment, guidebook, climbing partners, etc.... We will have a pre trip meeting to organize rides.