VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Red Heather Rhymes with Bed Feather · Saturday, March 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 24th
Red Heather isn't the most exciting thing around, but it's a great place for a casual day out, and you can still get some turns in there. This will be a great chance to get on skis for the first time if you haven't been able to yet.
We'll skin up to the Red Heather warming shelter, have a nice snack/lunch, and lap the open meadows above the hut. If people want to organize independent subgroups to explore a little farther, we could work that out.
This trip is beginner friendly, even in the normal people sense of the word. Everyone should bring avalanche gear, but if you haven't used it before we can practice some beacon searches around the shelter.
I don't think a real pre-trip meeting is necessary for this trip, but if anyone wants to meet to discuss gear, etc. you can send me an email and we can meet up.
The location could be flexible if conditions are good and the group is interested in checking something else out.