VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sea Kayaking Around Howe Sound · Sat. Jun. 2nd - Sun. Jun. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 2nd
End: Sunday, Jun. 3rd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, May. 30th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club room
So the tentative plan is to take the sunshine coast ferry to gibsons. We can either leave friday evening and then camp over night on keats island, a short paddle across the water. Or we can take the first ferry on saturday morning and meet at the gibsons marina. There is a place there to rent kayaks. You are responsible for your own boat rental.
It is possible to launch from the sunshine coast ferry terminal (i think), so you do not necessarily need to drive onto the ferry.
we will then paddle from the sunshine coast to gambier island, where there is a nice camp site and possibly a few racoons. Also, some hiking.
The next day, we can paddle back.
Noriko might have an alternate plan that involves paddling from Jerico to Gambier and spending the night there with us, and then paddling back to jerico. She will have to confirm that this is a real plan.