VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Cycle Tour the Olympic Peninsula · Fri. Apr. 6th - Mon. Apr. 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 6th
End: Monday, Apr. 9th, 11:58 pm
Note: This trip is self-propelled. No cars required. You will need to get to Tsawwassen with your bike and gear though.
- US travel document
- Panniers or other method of carying things on a bike
- Bathing suit (hot springs are not nudist friendly)
Friday: Ferry across, cycle the Lochside Trail to downtown Victoria, Ferry to the Olympic Peninsula, camp
Saturday--Sunday: Cycle to the jutting-out spit thingy which is also the westernmost point of the mainland US; visit hot springs; hike in the park.
Monday: ferry to Victoria, afternoon tea at the Empress in dirty bike clothes, head back along Lochside trail, ferry to Tsawwassen
Ferry Times & Costs
Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay -- $16.85 -- At least every 2hrs starting 7am daily
Victoria to Port Angeles -- $23 -- 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM daily
Port Angeles to Victoria -- $23 -- 8:20 AM, 2:00 PM daily
Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen -- $16.85 -- At least every 2hrs starting 7am daily
Olympic Park Entrance Fee -- $5/person
Hot Springs day use fee Adults $12.25. Pool open 9am to 8pm.
We are probably not doing the following, unless everyone likes spending money:
There have been concerns about snow on the roads. These concerns are apparently totally valid in some parts of Olympic Park. The plan is to ask at the Visitor Center and not encounter any snow, or just deal with it VOC style (ie pretend like it's not a problem): no amount of snow will prevent me from getting to these hot springs.