VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
intermediate kayaking between Jericho and Lighthouse park · Tuesday, April 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Apr. 24th, 11:00 am
Post exam paddling bliss :)
Should have intermediate paddling ability including competent self rescue from a capsize.
If the weather is nice, we will aim to leave Jericho around 10:30, get to Lighthouse Park around 11:00 and be back at Jericho before 3:00pm. If the weather's not safe, we'll paddle along the coast and practice rolls.
It appears that Ecomarine's Jericho rental location won't be open yet for the summer and their Granville Island location opens at 10:00am so it's best if you have a boat or can borrow one. But perhaps if enough people want to rent and ask them nicely, they might consider renting boats from Jericho?