VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Joffre Lakes Weekend Take 2 (The original) · Sat. Aug. 25th - Sun. Aug. 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 25th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 26th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Aug. 23rd, 7:11 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room MAP
We will be hiking to Upper Joffre Lakes, which is estimated to take about 5 hours. We will camp at Upper Joffre Lake, but need to arrive early as the campsite is first come first serve and fills up fast on weekends. There are only 24 camping spaces and I would suggest that we do NOT take up all of them, but people can share tents. From there, keen hikers can continue to hike up towards the glacier while less keen hikers can relax at the beautiful lake. On Sunday, we will pack up and hike back down after people are done exploring the area. We could leave either early Saturday morning or late Friday evening as it is a 3 hour drive. I would urge us to start the hike pretty early to ensure camping spots. This is suppose to be a beautiful hike! Check out the description online :)