VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
So, are we going to cross the Neve or what? · Sat. Apr. 28th - Sun. Apr. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 28th
End: Sunday, Apr. 29th, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 25th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom, after gear hours
I can't stand to see a year go by where a (publicly advertised) VOC does not cross the Neve. So let's do it this weekend, come rain or come shine. The forecast is for it to snow/rain all week and then be warm and sunny with no overnight freeze on the weekend... so presumably it will be near water skiing but the views will be awesome.
We'll go as a two-day regular weekend trip and bring tents (or tarps). Should be an ideal trip for exchange students, people who can barely ski, people who want to feel young again, and even (for the first time, at least for a trip I'm leading) snowshoers... assuming we can get enough cars together.
If you've never done anything like this before then you need to come to the pre-trip meeting. If you have and just want to come along for the good times then please commit, email me about it, and I'll do my best to help you with your car and tent faff (but priority will go to people who attend the pre-trip). If you know what you're doing but want to wait until after the pre-trip I'd appretiate it if you organized yourself.
The neve is pretty filled in, I saw it last weekend, so we'll go without harnesses (but I'll still carry a rope myself on your behalf). You'll just need the regular ski/snowshoe plus avi kit, unless you really want to bring a harness of your own accord (but if necessary I can show you how to tie in with no harness like in the old days).
Distance is 40km, elevation gain is 1500m, unless we do extracurricular activities.