VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Gillespie daytrip · Sunday, May 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, May. 6th, 7:00 am
I need to get some exercise and try out my new skis, therefor I am hoping that someone will join me on a trip to Mt. Gillespie this Sunday.
Mt Gillespie is located in the Pinecone Lake area south of Mamquam. Depending on snow levels the trip will be 18 km and 1400 m of elevation (return). The skiing goes up a logging road a little ways (~4km), over a knoll and then follows ridge to a small pocket glacier before gaining the summit. The trip is some what high output, but should be technically easy (no steep skiing), which will be great for the warm temperatures on Sunday.