VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harrison Hut Flagging June 16-17, 2012 · Sat. Jun. 16th - Sun. Jun. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 16th
End: Sunday, Jun. 17th
The plan is to go and flag the beginning of the route to the Harrison Hut. For those of you who do not know, the Harrison Hut is a VOC hut in the Overseer group, at the north end of the Pemberton Ice cap. The least old route starts from the Meager hotsprings which were washed out in one of the largest landslides in recent world history so we plan to build a trail on the opposite side of the valley to avoid the hassle of crossing the lillooet and meager creeks and head straight to the hut. We need approximately 1 car load of people for this. It would be good if people were relatively competent and able to look after themselves but knowledge of how to flag a route and the route is not required. Lots of detail on the history can be found on the wiki page.