VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beyond Elfin Shelter · Sat. Sep. 1st - Mon. Sep. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 1st, 8:00 am
End: Monday, Sep. 3rd, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 29th, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Normally we pass by the Opal Cone without much more than a backwards glance, as we are heading across the Neve. This time we will not cross the neve, but instead loiter around to the south of the Neve.
Camping at Elfin, or Mamquam Lake we will possibly climb Opal Cone, climb Mamquam, camp at Mamquam Lake, and/or investigate site of old VOC hut half way across the Neve. This should be a very long walk, carrying camping equipment, but should not otherwise require technical gear such as ropes, ice axes, crampons, unless you want.
Unlike Mountaineering Camp, which should be happening this same long weekend, this trip will be Beginner Friendly, meaning that we won't leave you behind to die, unless absolutely necessary. It will be medium output as we will have a lot of distance to cover but it should not be fast and steep.
Beware that this is within Garibaldi Park, and when you sleep in Garibaldi Park, you have to pay $10 per night or $15 if you are in the Elfin Shelter; see for more info