VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[Mountain biking] Sea to Sky Trail · Saturday, June 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 30th
End: Saturday, Jun. 30th
The Sea to Sky Trail is a non-technical mountain bike trail connecting Squamish to D'Arcy (http://www.seatoskytrail.ca). I'm planning to ride the trail from Whistler to Squamish this Saturday. It will be a relaxing ride at a not very fast pace. This section of the trail is about 75km, but it's generally downhill.
The plan is to leave a car in Squamish and drive all the people and bikes to Whistler. After biking from Whistler to Squamish we'll drive back to Whistler to recover the car(s) left there.
To join you will need the following:
- a mountain bike (the trail is not technical, so pretty much any bike with knobby tires will do). Make sure the bike is mechanically sound: brakes work, can pedal without gears jumping all over the place.
- biking gloves (optional but recommended)
- a spare tube or patch kit (in case of flats)
- water and lunch
A small teaser of what the trail is going to be like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nbPCSMAK9U&start=27