VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Workhike: Hanging Lake backcountry ski trail · Saturday, October 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 20th
I'm organizing two consecutive work days on trails for backcountry skiing in the Callaghan Valley on October 20-21. Sign up for one day or both days. There is no trip meeting - please commit or bail by Wednesday October 17th at 6pm. I'll organize rides, food, etc by email or wiki.
The Hanging Lake Trail is a steep trail that climbs directly from Whistler Olympic Park to the alpine. It gains 500m in about 3km. It's a great area for yoyoing for advanced skiers, but does not make for a beginner friendly ski trip as there's a mandatory 35 degree slope through the trees. Work to be done on this trail is mainly brush clearing, but there is also a small bridge to build. The bad news is that there is a lot of devils club on the trail. I consider that to be a good thing because devils club is easily buried by snow and it surpresses other plants. If you have a hatred of devils club you should probably go on Sunday because we will not be clearing any of the devils club on Saturday, just wading through it.