VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Paddle/Bike to Pitt River Hot Springs · Fri. Nov. 16th - Sun. Nov. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : This trip is too ambitious; the combination of long distances, tricky logistics, and potential danger if it is windy/stormy add up to make this a trip I am not ready to organize. Sorry if you signed up, hopefully you can find sweet alternate plans!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Nov. 16th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 18th, 4:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: In club room
This is a trip I've wanted to do for a long time. It consists of a 28 km paddle up Pitt Lake, and then a 22 km bike ride up a flat logging road to what looks like a spectacular hot springs by the Pitt River. We will need to arrange canoes (MEC rental?) and everyone will need a bicycle. Apparently the logging road is in very good condition. It seems like a long day to get there or back (6-8 hour paddle, 2 hour bike ride), so doable within 2 days, more pleasant if done in 3 days.