VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly Red Heather skiing or snowshoeing · Sat. Nov. 24th - Sun. Nov. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 24th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 25th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 20th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
Winter is coming so it's time to play in the snow and practice snow skills.
We will ski/snowshow to the Red Heather shelter in Garibaldi Park. Depending on the preference of the participants, this can either be a day trip or we can camp in the snow at the Red Heather shelter and return to Vancouver on Sunday after some more skiing or playing in the snow.
In the shelter there is a nice fireplace but sleeping inside is not allowed so we would camp instead. There is a nice hill to practice skiing. (Note that there will be no actual instruction on skiing.)
This trip is great if you have never skied or snowshoed before, if you have never seen snow before or if you just want to get outside. You can get telemark ski or snowshoes from the club room.
More details will follow later. But feel free to post any questions in the message board or to email me.
We can also split up the group on Saturday evening. So some people can camp at the Red Heather shelter and stay until Sunday while others can return to Vancouver. We can discuss all this at the pre-trip meeting. At the pre-trip meeting we also have to see how many drivers we have and if they prefer a day trip or an overnight trip.
Note: I've set the maximum number of participants to 15 but we might increase this since it seems that several experienced people are joing. Just come to the pretrip meeting and we will figure something out. Usually it also happens that many people change their mind and don't come to the pretrip meeting or the trip.