VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Remembering Sloquet Hot Springs! · Sun. Nov. 11th - Mon. Nov. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 11th
End: Monday, Nov. 12th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 7th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Kaiser Atrium MAP
Midterms out of the way, snow not yet deep enough, everything outside is wet...why not make it wetter?
These are my favourite hot springs within driving distance of vancouver...let's go check them out. I'd like to leave relatively early sunday morning (so everyone can come out to the five alarm funk show on saturday), and come back monday evening all refreshed and ready for a new (short) week of school.
The only caveat: while some sites claim you can make it via pemberton (as opposed to up Harrison Lake) in 2WD, i don't think that's a great idea. so...we need drivers with 4x4 and clearance. To that end, maybe we can organize some sort of 'incentive' program for those of you with access to such a vehicle? i'm thinkin' along the lines of beer, but maybe we can sort this out at the pre-trip meeting.
Some details about the location: the drive will take us past Pemberton, down Lilloet FSR, and 30km past Skookumchuck Hot Springs to Sloquet. Here are some more details on directions, with a map. There you will find proper campsites with fire pits and picnic tables, a short walk from the hot springs themselves. Hopefully these photos I took last year will show up:
In case you can't see that, here's a site with some pics, for your viewing pleasure.