VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beverely Cr. Skiing, Mon. Dec 17 · Monday, December 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Dec. 17th
Pre-trip meeting location: none
First time skiing this season!
Can drive 3+me, possibly 4 if I know in advance.
Plan is to ski up Beverley Creek in Callaghan Valley, with the goal to get to the lake and maybe ski a little bit before heading back the same way. Very mellow terrain up to the lake through the trees. This would be classed as Beginner-Friendly, but my first Beginner-Friendly trip was here and it was brutal. So I recommend at least some skiing ability. Faster snowshoers can come, too, but email me first.
Distance to the lake is about 7km, plus some extra if we decide to go beyond a little, so round trip could potentially be around 16km. Or less, if that's what we feel like.
WOP is open from 9-4:30, but I'm considering parking at Alexander Falls. That way we can start earlier, have more daylight, and not have to worry about getting stuck behind the gate.
Gear you need: ski kit, avy kit, lunch, water, warm layers, headlamp you can ski by in the dark, gas money. Helmet through the trees is a good idea. See the wiki for a proper gear list.
No pre-trip, will be organizing everything through email.
I'm still mulling over the details, so things might change a little.