VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly trip to Zoa · Saturday, January 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 5th, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 2nd, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club room
After talking a bit about the destination and how to get there we can sort out carpooling at the pre-trip meeting. On the trip its self, we head to Zoa Peak in the Coquihalla range and find some slopes to lay fresh tracks on and generally enjoy the terrain there. The tour in takes something like 45 to 90 mins and the ski out is all down slope to the parking lot except a few patches were the penguin shuffle is called for.
The ski terrain isn't especially difficult, but it would be great if people had the skiing ability to ski blue runs at resorts before signing up for this trip.
We're capping the number of participants on this trip at 12 in an effort to keep the group manageable for us, but if we can find another experienced person to help look after people, we could increase the max size to 15.
Please e-mail me or call me if you're interested in joining us on this trip and you have any questions or concerns I might be able to help out with.