VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sphinx (Garibaldi Lake) workhike · Sat. Aug. 13th - Sun. Aug. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 13th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 14th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 10th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
This is beginner friendly, but long. By now the snow should be mostly gone on the route to Taylor Meadows, up Panorama Ridge, across Gentian Ridge, down Gentian Pass, and down/over to Sphinx. At Sphinx we will wash down the walls to remove stove-lighting soot and a little mold, and we will consider hauling out any junk or dead Coleman appliances. We should also plane the upstairs window so it closes better, and think about the door which has been warped/abused.