VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Feuerzangen-Brew Ski Trip (Beginner-Friendly) · Sat. Jan. 26th - Sun. Jan. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 26th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 27th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jan. 24th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
Following Conrad and Kathrin's tradition in the past couple of years, Steph, Clemens and I are bringing Feuerzangenbowle back to Brew Hut this year.
If you know some of backcountry skiing and winter trips, but not advanced enough to join the "Phelix Creek Snow Worship", this is a trip for you. We will skin up to Brew Hut (probably from highway - long day; unless there's enough interest for a CAT ride to kill the 7km of logging road - not even sure if this is an option now...), yo-yo some mellow beginner-friendly slopes, and enjoy a warm hut of merry time with some delicious mulled wine. We will split the cost for the making ingredient of Feuerzangenbowle (~$5 per person) and distribute some weight between participants. On Sunday, you can have more skiing before heading down.
This is a "beginner-friendly" trip but not an instructional one, meaning you need to be able to take care of yourself in winter backcountry conditions, but we are not going for big difficult objects so we will take our pace and won't leave you behind.
Any questions/concerns, feel free to post on the message board for discussion.