VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sphinx Ski Camp 2013 · Fri. Feb. 15th - Sun. Feb. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 15th, 6:00 pm
End: Sunday, Feb. 24th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 13th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
Traditionally, many VOCers are swarming Sphinx Bay (Burton hut) during the reading break for skiing, ski mountaineering and sing-alongs in the hut.
This trip is loosely organized, with small groups having their own objectives for the day and choosing the length of their stay. Each group needs to be self-sufficient and comfortable making decisions. AST-1 or equivalent is highly recommended.
There is no sign-up tool for this trip, instead people organize themselves on the wiki.
A fair amount of the organization will be done at the pre-trip meeting on the Wednesday before the break. The pre-trip meeting will be on Wed., Feb 13. in the club room at 6 pm (note the new location).
If you have any questions, please post them in the message board thread.