VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hike up Mt. Harvey · Monday, February 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Feb. 11th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 6th, 6:15 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom (our outside of it since gear hours will be happening concurrently)
Note that I have to change the date to Monday February 11th because I actually have to attend an extended family Chinese New Year dinner on the 9th.
Hike Mt. Harvey.
I will be going on foot with snowshoes, since I'm a fairly bad skiier. We will be bringing avy gear. Sturdy hiking boots or mountaineering boots are necessary. Ice axes may be necessary for some parts, depending largely on how icy the snow is in the trees.
If you want to travel on skis, you are welcome to do so.
This will probably be a pretty long day.