VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Phelix Creek (Waddington Hut) Snow Hunt · Tue. Feb. 19th - Sun. Feb. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Feb. 24th, 8:00 pm
Since the snow hasn't been very good in the Garibaldi area, and there doesn't seem to be very much interest in going to ski at Sphinx, I want to go up to Phelix. I (Eric) will probably drive up Tuesday, and David Reid will come up Friday if he can find anyone to go with him. Then we'll all come back on Sunday.
If you want to come you should call me (604-831-3156). If we need to organize a pre-trip meeting we can (Sunday or Monday), but I'm leaning towards not.
Caveat: I have never skied to the Waddington hut, but I have been up in the summer. I am comfortable in my ability to navigate there safely, but you should be aware of this.
The wiki page is here: http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/2013_Phelix_Creek_Snow_Hunt