VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Begineer Friendly Garibaldi Neve Feb 23-24 · Sat. Feb. 23rd - Sun. Feb. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 23rd
End: Sunday, Feb. 24th
This trip is a part of the greater Sphinx trip but focusing on a trip accross the Garibaldi Neve. The plan would be to go up the Rubble creek switchbacks on Sat and stay at the Sphix hut Sat night and then go accross the Neve and out the following day.
The trip will be beginner friendly in that we will not leave anyone behind however you should have some fitness and have been on skis before. You dont have to be a good skiier as the route is not difficult but it is long. We will be getting up early both days and probably arriving late both days.