VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sea Kayak Trip: Gambier Island, Howe Sound · Fri. Jun. 3rd - Sun. Jun. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jun. 3rd, 4:34 pm
End: Sunday, Jun. 5th, 4:34 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 1st, 4:34 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Spanish Banks: 6:30pm
Considering that forecasters are useless this far out we'll have 2 plans until closer to the time.
Plan A) Paddle across from Horseshoe bay to Halkett Campground on Gambier Island, paddle around, climb to the top of the island, drink rum, hang for the night. On Sunday paddle round and head back in the evening after the winds have dropped a little.
Plan B) If not looking that great or people want to increase organizational faff. Take the ferry from Horseshoe back to Langdale on Friday (last ferry is at 9:45pm, cost $20 pp return including car), ninja camp on Friday night in Gibson. Rent Kayaks if not bringing from Vancouver ($145 for 2 days for 2/3 man). Paddle round Keats Island and make our way to Gambier Island to repeat the activities listed above. Head back to Gibson on Sunday and ferry back to Vancouver (last ferry at 8:45pm)