VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intermediate friendly Rainbow skiing · Sat. Mar. 2nd - Sun. Mar. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 2nd, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 3rd, 7:00 pm
Here is the plan:
We park at Alexander Falls parking lot at the Whistler Olympic Village ($10 per vehicle, maybe per day), go up Scott Nelson's new route to Hanging lake (or we might go from Alta lake instead to save the parking fee), camp there and go skiing. On Sunday we can split up into smaller groups with different plans (e.g. Gin peak, Mt. Sproatt, Rainbow Mountain, yoyo skiing) and head back to Vancouver in the evening.
Check the wiki e.g. here or here or the Baldwin book for details.
Clemens has a reservation for a 7 seat Modo van, which would cost about $25/person. So we can take 5 more people. Or maybe we find some car owners and don't need the Modo van.
If you want to join you have to have AST1 and some backcountry skiing experience (or have someone who is willing to take care of you).
There won't be a pre-trip meeting. I hope we can organize everything via message board and email-faff.