VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Garibaldi Neve in easter · Fri. Mar. 29th - Sun. Mar. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 29th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 31st, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Mar. 26th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside clubroom
One of my new year's resolutions was to cross the Neve in winter and after 2 failed attempts I'm not planning on let that go. I am willing to do the organizational faff but I definitively need more experienced people to join to make this happen. As of myself I don't have AST (I know, I'm regretting as much as I can), but at least have practiced rescuing buried packs.
I have only done the Neve in summer, when we took 3 days and I am planning to make it in 3 days this time also to take our time and be able to stop for pictures and such if the weather is nice. The idea would be to sleep one night in Sphinx and another one in Elfin, so that we don't have to carry tents. I dont have any preference over doing it Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon so it will depend on experienced people availability.
Also, I'm open to ideas over doing it in either direction. Sign up if you're interested and please let me know if you're one of those guys who knows what they're doing and want to help.
Please print this map so that you have an idea where we are going and not just following me. Navigation will be a collective effort